Two-Year Manufacturers Warranty
StepChild Snowboards warrants all products sold to be free of manufactures defects in material or workmanship for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase unless otherwise specified on the product (Check Street Recession 11/12). If a product is found to be defective by StepChilds nerd squad, StepChild is responsible for either to repair or replacement of the defective product. StepChild will not be responsible for any costs, losses, damages and bar tabs incurred as a result of loss or use of product.
For Warranty your first point of contact is the retailer you purchased the snowboard from or your nearest dealer (please refer to shop locater). Our dealers are well educated and will advise on your next move. The Dealer will work with our warranty dept to ensure your board makes it back to StepChild HQ for further inspection.
If you purchased your board from an online dealer who is not setup to deal with warranty boards or if you have questions about the damage on your board, please use our contact page to send details of your warranty claim and photos.
Each warranty is subjected to the following notes below
1. Warranty applies only to StepChild products purchased from Authorized StepChild Snowboard Dealers and is valid for the original purchaser only – no re-sales, hand me downs, close out deals, craigslist or ebay are covered.
2. StepChild assumes no responsibility for products during shipment from the customer to our Warranty Department. Shipping charges are not refundable and are done at cost of customer.
3. Excluded from coverage under the StepChild warranty programme are the following:
3.1. Damage caused by misuse, abuse or neglect.
3.2. Damage caused by improper mounting or adjustment of the bindings.
3.3. Damage caused from chairlift breakage.
3.4. Normal wear and tear.
3.5. Damage caused by anything other than defects in material or workmanship.
3.6. Damage caused by improper storage
3.7. Damage caused by Rocks and or any other impact related damage/hitting rails/trees.. etc
4. Repaired or replaced products are covered for the remainder of the original warranty only.
5. For replacement we will try our best to find you the correct, like for like board, however be aware that StepChild usually sells out and we may have to offer an alternative.
6. All warranty claims must be accompanied by the original purchase receipt from an Authorized StepChild Dealer. Invoice or charge receipt must clearly identify the dealer.
Many thanks and take care of your wood!
The StepChild Team